Sunday, February 12, 2006

Yeah, poetry. I wrote 12 haiku and one or two worked like they're supposed to. I was happy with myself. Also, I've been writing songs and short stories. This semester is great at forcing me to be creative. You should try one like mine sometime.

Here's the haiku that wakoski and natalie liked best:

vibrating cell phones
in ecology lecture--
croaking pocket frogs

Here's the poem that randal, my friend from that class and songwriting, liked best:

shipwreck survivors
bobbing in the water white
a balanced breakfast

Some other people liked this one:

green yellow brown black
they don't last too long, do they,
banana seasons?

1 comment:

Ben said...

I've got a huge word document full of haikus and other things. I stopped because I read a story making fun of emo kids writing haikus. I'm glad you got the main points of my call.

I don't remember
A word you had been saying
My mouth just mov-ed

That straight forward haiku
Was meant just for you
Involving no thought
Like these rhymes I've wrought
I've spent too long on this too.