Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My classes are all great so far, but aiming to be challenging. Poetry with Wakoski--Art History of China with Jing--Contemporary American-Indian Culture--and the Literature of the 18th Century with Arch. I think the two English classes will be the most time consuming, but the other two classes require almost as many readings. There are nine people in my Anthro class, the American-Indian class, so there's a lot of participation required: presentations, reaserch papers, and event reports (I plan on attending the East Lansing Pow-Wow of Love). I learned in my Lit class already that thomas jefferson never wrote his name with capitol T's or J's. It's undemocratic! That T and that J looming over the rest of the letters in his name so much like monarchs. in fact he wasn't for capitolizing the initial letters of sentences--same reason. also, I'm learning a lot about Neolithic Chinese culture from their pottery. the folks from the ancient city of Bopan made cool fish designs on their bowls, which may have doubled as urn caps. yep. in poetry, we're going to find our muses. and read our best poems tomorrow, which is scary. I know folks with five and a half classes, but I think all these intense classes are going to cut into my rowk time.

2 comments:

Ben said...

It could, it could cut into rowk time. We practicing Fridays?

Zachy said...

yes.