Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I edited some Pitchfork by writing the news editor!

I wrote:

I liked Zach Vowell's article, which was well written and everything, but the song that Jeff came onstage for, 'The Arrow Flies Close,' always has the line "...and I hope Jeff will sing me a song." It wasn't slipped in as Vowell’s source thought. On the Elf-Power album called "When the Red King Comes," Jeff sings a descending part just after that line: "aaah." But last Tuesday at Mac's Bar in Lansing, the Jeff-less Elf Power had John Fernandez, of Olivia Tremor Control, cover his part on clarinet. -Zach Nichols

P.S.
http://www.knerd.com/~sashwap/Arrow.mp3

And then:

hey-- thanks for the tip, you're right! i'll fix the story right now.

-- Amy Phillips
News Editor, Pitchfork Media Email: phillips@pitchforkmedia.com,
news@pitchforkmedia.com

Here's the fixed story (didn't they do a good job?)...I didn't have the heart to mention the typo: "Elepant 6." Hopefuly they see it on their own.

Jeff Mangum sings with Elf Power in NYC

No comments: